Sunday 5 March 2017

2017 cosplay and convention schedule

Hey, who survived Kita wars last January?

Me and my boyfriend are happy to announce we will be attending again this year. I have already got my cosplays decided and even making some damn good progress this year! We will be staying at the Scarman.

I have managed to get Akari Kanzaki from Battle Athletes Victory done for LAGC February this year. Sadly I don't have many pics yet so I dont plan to do a 'Lets Cosplay' of her until I get a shoot done. She was a pretty simple one to make, with it being no more than a crop top and a leotard. Hopefully pics when the weather warms up.

Just to make it clear, I never really felt that I really fitted in into the AL events. I always felt out of place, and to be honest I felt that I belonged in the bar with double vodka in my cup more than I did on the main floor. I needed a little alcohol just to feel relaxed and from experience it seemed to attracted mostly the less experienced (and even more so lesser polite) crowd. After the recent events concerning Mike Towers I am even more so hesitant to go anywhere near the events unless some certain major changes happen.

Now, I don't enjoy being negative about events but to be honest I had more fun drinking in the hotel room in my underwear than spending several hours per day at a number of days at AL events.

A week later I was rota'd off work the following Saturday which conveniently fell on the day where Midlands Expo was happening in Telford, We both had some extra cash so we decided to go. It was much, much, much more relaxing than LAGC. We had done LadyNoir again. Not much can be said about the con itself, just a slow day relaxing and taking it easy with the one I love.

My next event would probably be Em-con, Nottingham. Being my home city I wish to have a costume that slightly obscures my face while giving Ladybug a little break unless my plans don't go ahead for whatever reason. I have recently gotten into Yuri on Ice!! and fell in love with Yurio's Allegro Appassionato costume. I am currently in the process of gathering the materials for the bodysuit (pictured) and experimenting with adding the ombre effect on scraps for the applique, Being metallic Spandex it may be easier said than done but looking at other cosplayers the suit should look stunning even without the pretty effects. I am also doing the track jacket for something comfortable to change into when I need something easier to wear.

My other big costume will be Terra from Final Fantasy 6. I have managed to tie the wig into a high ponytail and in the progress of making the hair accessories. I have a number of ways I am considering the floral design but you will have to wait and see how that turns out! I plan to debut her at Kitacon Quest.

I am also working on Asuka's yellow dress from Evangelion for something easy to wear if the weather get warm. Of course, Ladybug will be returning to Kitacon!


No comments:

Post a Comment